Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Greeting Cards

I have come from a family where you hand write cards and make things a personal as they can be. My mom had tupperware bins that were labeled with different occasions, for example "birthday," "anniversary," "congratulations," etc. I have been writing cards to people since I was little and I think that the world could use a little more encouragement, thanks, and acknowledgment through greeting cards. However, I am aware of things like e-cards and such. But, in my opinion, it takes away the personalization of a hand written greeting card. For Christmas, my family and I send out Christmas cards to keep people up to date on what our family is doing and how life has been treating us. One of my friends families has a blog that they invite people to and they decorate the page for Christmas and tell the same kind of family information that would be in my families mailed card. I guess that this would allow people to be interactive with you and the information that they read in your Christmas card/blog but I just can't get over the fact that handwritten-personal cards are being replaced with internet greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment